Tuesday, October 28, 2008

#4 Getting Settled

I got to Taupo last Friday and started work Saturday. I work at the Wairakei Bayview Resort, about 15 minutes from my house. I work in the fine dining restaurant but will also be working at the house bar. Last night I worked a wedding reception and was there from 1:30pm until 2am. But it was worth it because I got to take home 3 bottles of wine. I'm adjusting to staying up late.


Photo with my co-workers Georgina & William at the Pavilion. Great people to work with. As most of you know, I have an issue with getting sweaty really easily. The tie does not help this situation. Especially when mopping. Whoever invented the tie should be shot.

On Thursday I got a car and moved into my room soon after. I love the place where I'm renting. It's a beautiful house that was designed by the owner and built about 5 years ago. The owner/my roommate's name is Jimmy. He and his friend have a boat and go wakeboarding a lot in the summer. He distills his own vodka in the laundry room. I think this just might work out.





1) My sweet ride
2) Home sweet home
3) Kitchen area
4) Looking out from kitchen
5) Note the hot tub
6) View from deck
7) My bathroom
Jimmy has 2 cats, Layne & Mila. They are my new best friends. Both are very affectionate. I love having animals around. An hour after I moved in, they brought me a welcome present. A dead rat. So thoughtful.



1) Don't even try to look innocent.
2) Oh Layne, you shouldn't have! No, really, don't do that.
3) Mila sitting on my lap right now.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

oh man, and i thought your house in santa barbara was awesome...haha. glad you are having fun! it looks so beautiful :)

- lauren

Unknown said...

Hey Jenna, I hope they gave you a discount on the car.........the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Cool pad, cats, and view..I'm jealous. By the way, how is the food in the fine dinning????

Love you
Dad