Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#25 Kaikoura (Mt Fyffe)


I worked a few nights at the best restaurant in town, The Green Dolphin. The first night I worked I met Christina. She's from CA, imagine that. The second night I went to work after doing the peninsula walk and told Christina I wanted to go up to the top of Mt Fyffe. She said she had been wanting to go, so we decided to go the next morning. The walk was gruelling. It was relentlessly steep and took us nearly five hours to get to the top (1600m). Eight hours round trip.

Hi, Christina!

The peninsula behind me is where I walked the day before. Kaikoura is at the base of the peninsula, on the left side.

At the summit I took 360° photos

Check out these big orange mushrooms!
That snack wasn't a good idea.

We got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home. Typical.

No comments: